Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Real Deal

So just to put this out in the open right from the start- my amazing boyfriend and I are not technically engaged at this point, however we have started to talk about getting married and since we have been together (on and off) for a little over 7 years now I feel like it's a safe enough bet to at least start the brainstorming process about what sort of wedding I'd like to have. I can say with a great amount of certainty that my parents are not in the position to contribute financially which will mean that Eric and I alone will foot the bill for the shindig. For me this isn't really a bad thing, I have never been the type of girl who dreamed of the big princess wedding with 300 of my closest acquaintances. Instead I'd like an intimate ceremony with about 50 of our nearest and dearest there to witness one of the most important days of our lives. The purpose of me using this blog is mostly just a place to organize my thoughts about the event so that when something pops into my lil old head I can remember it later down the road when we get down to the real nitty gritty planning. Other than that I hope that someone else comes across it and can find inspiration about budget friendly yet personal ways to pull off their special day, especially those in the Orlando area, considering it can at times be a place devoid of any real charm and individuality, unless of course you dig deep enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment