Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Reception- Food and Drink

I'm pretty dead set on the idea of doing a brunch reception. for a few reasons. Mostly because it's my favorite meal of the day also because you can get away with doing a really elaborate brunch for the same or less than the cost of a more simple dinner and it also gives us the chance to spend the whole day as a married couple with our friends and family (we're considering doing a second lil byob bbq type bash later in the evening in someone's backyard that way we can invite all the people we were unable to invite to the wedding). Some fun ideas I've had for the menu so far include the typical appetizer station but with brunch type items such as croissants, danishes, mini cinnamon buns, fruit with granola, maybe a lil version of eggs benedict, something involving smoked salmon and a donut tower. Here are a few pics I've been using for visual inspiration.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
For the main course I'm leaning towards a buffet style (costs less and gives more options) with a few action stations such as eggs done any way and made to order belgian waffles, plus I'm thinking of a build your own grits station which would have different cheeses plus bacon, scallions and other yummy topping.
Photobucket
I also want to have a few more lunch type selections, maybe some salads like buffalo mozz with tomatoes and a really nice roast chicken cobb salad.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Considering it will be so early in the day I don't think I'll do any other desserts besides wedding cake which I'm going to devote a section to later down the road, so instead now we'll talk about the booze portion. Eric is pretty set on the idea of having a full and open bar which I support although I don't think it's necessary to have every liquor know to man, just a few basics like beer, wine, bubbly, vodka, rum and whisky. I think that's eclectic enough to please all 50 palates. I deffinitely want to do a few signature brunch drinks like a blood orange mimosa and and a bellini plus a bloody mary bar where the bartender would serve just the drink in a glass with or without salt and our guests could build their own garnish from a selection of items located next to the bar, I couldn't find any prettier pics but this one will give the idea I'm going for.
Photobucket
Now I'm sure some people such as my family won't really be up for boozing so early which will cut the bill down a bit, but we definitely do have a fair share of friends and fam that will be down for a party no matter what the hour of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment